Stitch up this adorable cupcake backpack for that special someone in your life! The Cozy Cakes Backpack pattern features a realistic looking cupcake wrapper and ruffle “frosting”. There is an elasticized inside pocket, adjustable straps, and a zippered closure for keeping treasures securely inside. The pattern includes bonus instructions for making a cupcake pillow (the paper version of the pattern will have hyperlinks to online instructions! All this and a cherry on top!
Finished size: 8w x 9h x 6.5d”
Cozy Cakes Backpack
FABRIC & NOTIONS REQUIRED:
- 3/4 yard* of Fabric #1- for cupcake wrapper, back, bottom, interior back, interior bottom and straps Suggested fabric: quilting cotton or light to medium weight home decor
- 1-1/8 yards* of Fabric #2 – for interior and exterior cupcake dome, ruffle “frosting” and interior pocket. Suggested fabric: quilting cottons or light weight home decor
- 1/2 yard – 20″ Heavy-weight, double-sided fusible interfacing (recommended: Peltex #72F Ultra Firm)
- 1/8 yard of medium-weight, one-sided fusible interfacing (recommended: Peltex Craft-Fuse #808
- 5 x 13 1/2″ piece of batting for handles
- 6″ square of red felt or fabric for cherry
- Scrap of brown felt for cherry stem
- 1 – 12″ zipper
- 1 – 7″ piece of 1/2″ wide elastic for pocket
- 9 1/2″ piece of 1/2″ ribbon for zipper grab tabs and hanger loop
- 24″ of 1″ nylon strapping for adjustable portion of straps
- Large handful of stuffing for cherry
- 4 – 1 1/4″ D- rings
- Coordinating thread for all fabrics
- 1/4″ wide fusible tape for applying zipper (optional)
- Fray Check (optional)
* An additional 1/8 yard has been added to the minimum amount required to compensate for shrinkage and errors. Yardage based on 43” of usable fabric with a non-directional print.
Due to copyright laws, books and patterns are not returnable.