The UpDown Bag is two bags in one. One bag can have its adjustment cords pulled down to create a practical, roomy bag. The cords can also be cinched up revealing a smaller, stylish gathered bag. The UpDown bag has a height of 14" when the cords are pulled down, a 21” wide bottom, and a 13” wide top opening. The bag features custom-sized inside pockets, unique cord-end covers, a hook-and-loop closure, and comfortable double handles. The convenient exterior back pocket can hold practical items like keys. As with all Square Rose patterns, “Creative Options” are included with the instructions for adding more fabrics, creative embellishments, and a single shoulder strap.
Fabric A (main bag panel, closure): 3/8 yd.
Fabric B (main bag panel, closure): 3/8 yd.
Fabric C (borders, exterior pocket, cord casings, handles): 5/8 yd.
Lining: 3/4 yd.
Medium Weight Fusible Fleece: 5/8 yd. (44” wide).
Featherweight or Midweight Fusible Interfacing (border, pockets): 1/2 yd. (44" wide) or 3/4 yd. (20" wide). (Recommended: Pellon Shape-Flex)
- 2” piece of 3/4” wide hook-and-loop tape.
- 7” piece of 1/2” elastic (does not show).
- 2 1/4 yards of sturdy braided or woven flat or round cord (approx. 1/4” diameter).
- 1 1/2 yards of 1/8” cord for handle stability (does not show).
- Two cord-locks large enough to accommodate two cords each (optional).
- Button embellishment for closure (optional).
Due to copyright laws, books and patterns are not returnable.